Saturday 23 June 2012

I like surprises...[updated]

It was my birthday this week and true to form my brother grabbed me some hobby stuff. I'd pointed him towards the Critical Mass Games buildings, which I thought would make a good start to an industrial outpost for SciFi games. On first look they're really cleanly cast and well detailed, including interiors.

What I wasn't expecting was these two - scratch built (and painted!) SciFi wind turbines. I don't have a mini for scale to hand, but they're about 6 inches tall.


Apparently they're made from bits of Platformer kits. Pretty cool eh?

EDIT: these were a bit unstable as they're so tall. The addition of 50mm square bases improved the stability no end.


Unexpected presents are great!

3 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday to you, now you just need to put together a nice scenario for your turbines

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice gift and happy birthday, Phil!
    -Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday !
    a really nice gift!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.