Sunday 13 March 2011

First blog

Well, another wargaming blog. Why? Well, I realised just how many blogs I followed and how much inspiration I had got from them. So, this is my attempt to offer a little to our communal knowledge.

Also, selfishly, as a wargamer without a group at the moment I intend use this blog to showcase some of my painting projects as well as my rumination on the hobby and related matters. This may even inspire me to paint more. I wouldn't claim to be the world's best modeller or painter (or gamer!), but I'm definitely doing some of my best work and have been on a bit of a roll, having painted more in the past 6 months than in the past couple of years.

Why am I an infrequent wargamer? Well, sadly I find myself without a gaming group at the moment, though I hope to find some like-minded individuals eventually. So, my actual games are restricted to the half dozen times a year when I catch up with my brother, with whom I share the majority of my gaming projects. The rest of the year is spent planning, building or painting away, for as long as my enthusiasm holds.

I've no idea whether I'll find an audience, but let's see how it goes. Apologies for the lack of photos on this introductory post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.