Tuesday 15 May 2012

SciFi project: first finished minis

I finished these 15mm Ground Zero Games UNSC infantry over the past couple of weeks. I've a whole platoon of them to do, but thankfully they are pretty quick to paint.

They are magnetically based onto steel FOW-size bases which I ordered from here:
http://www.freewebs.com/pwsltd/steelbases.htm
Highly recommend them, steel bases have a nice weight to them, he is happy to make custom sizes and delivered quickly. 

I haven't got the photography right at this scale as they've come out a bit bright, especially the blue, which is somewhat less lurid in real life (Vallejo magic blue). I'm not set on the red visors, though they are a standout feature. Might try a different colour on batch two. They really need a coat of matt varnish, but I'm all out. 
And this infamous smuggler captain and his first mate were among the freebies GZG were giving out at Salute.

Samulus of 'Life vs Gaming' and I are planning to test some rulesets out later in the week, I'll let you know how we get on.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work especially the not Firefly figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on the troopers; are they really 15mm? Wow, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em all! Can't wait to throw some dice around with them on the table. I need to get painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bases - I am a fan of heavy metal bases so I will be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.