Saturday 24 March 2012

Quick! Stock up on Devlan mud!

I don't follow GW news, but I still use their paints. Apparently, they are being overhauled:

http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/finally-alan-merret-has-revealed-to-us.html

I've already had to develop a new skin method after they ditched bronzed flesh - not a disaster as I prefer my new one, but was a pain for matching. They also changed graveyard earth i think, which I use buckets of. But my main concern is whether Devlan Mud will survive. They wouldn't change it... Would they?

Even more tempted to move to Vallejo, now.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently nothing's changing, but everything is being renamed - looking at the colour chart, presumably Agrax Earthshade is the new Devlan Mud...

    (more waffle on my blog at: http://deadleadproject.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/new-gw-paints-have-new-pots.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm, little bit sceptial that it won't change at all, but good to hear there is an equivalent planned. We shall see if it does as good a job!

    There is always the potential that a 'new improved formula' won't be as good, but we should reserve judgement until it is here. I already mentioned graveyard earth, that looks the same but I think it changed shade and coverage once they introduced the foundation paints the other year.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.