Saturday 18 October 2014

The Last Mahdists

...for a while.

No, not new output, rather a belated post as I didn't get around to posting the miniatures I finished up for the gaming day at Wyvern. It was such a rush I just didn't get time to snap them before they were packed up with the rest of the troops. Well, a month later here they are, though I warn you that you've seen the likes of them all before. First up are more horsemen of the Baggara tribe, including a Sheikh to lead them. I replaced the Perry spears with wire ones - the Perry ones bend so much it drives me up the wall. These don't bend, but will ping off if you catch them at the right angle, whatever glue I use. Some to be packed carefully.



Next up a load more infantry. A few each of warriors and riflemen. This does make my force even more rifle-heavy, over 25%, which I should rectify at some point. But not for a while - other projects beckon!



The Anglo-Egyptian force also got a little love - just a handful of troops I have prepped to round three units up to an even number. Not an efficient way of doing things, but I didn't have time to finish more.



Thanks to all the kind words on my last post. I've not really pushed past the malaise yet, but have started to dabble a little more: finishing up odds and sods and digging the 15mm WWII back out to get sprayed up. Little steps but in a way it is nice to just meander.

16 comments:

  1. Sure by now you'll have seen the Black Powder book which is up for pre-order? I may get a copy (purely for reference you understand?) for use when I've painted my HUGE 15mm collection :-D
    Are you at Wyvern tomorrow? Fancy a run through at CoC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's one for the wishlist. Interested in what he sourcebook offers - suspect I've taken a different turn with GM-d Mahdists against multiple British commanders but we'll see!

    Up for a game tomorrow yeah - Chance to give my US paras their first run out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice again. The new Black Powder book can be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will offer something interesting for my games

      Delete
  4. Fantastic painting love the period and the figures Perry make.

    Champion stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Vinnie, it is a fascinating period well served by the Perrys. Your games are an absolute inspiration.

      Delete
  5. I'll never tire of seeing your splendid miniatures from this period Phil, some of the best around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Michael, will I see some inspiration from your painting table this winter?

      Delete
  6. Excellemt work there! That white dressed drummer is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Egyptians are rather nice aren't they - pity they are liable to flee the field as soon as the Beja turn up!

      Delete
  7. Very nice Phil. Nice to see these get their proper 'press release' on the blog - great additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these Mahdists ae quite the divas, can't keep them from the limelight if I'm honest.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.