Monday 14 December 2015

Finishing up Before the Challenge pt.1

As the start to the Analogue Hobbies painting challenge approaches, I join many of my fellow challengers in clearing half-finished projects off the hobby desk. So a motley collection of minis to update you with. Like this 50mm mortar team to support my Requetes:


Empress miniatures as usual, and one has a head swap for a jaunty red beret. 




One of the great things about the SCW is the fine collection of flags on offer. I felt my Carabineros should declare their allegiance, another head swap for the full effect:


The flag is from the excellent and very reasonably priced Flags of War range of flag sheets. I rather dislike flagging, hence why I've recently used Flag Dude's pre-assembled offerings. I completely naffed up the first attempt at this one, ruining my preferred Republican. And I even made a couple of errors  on this second attempt, but managed to recover it. (Damn flag is upside down, will fix it in due course - thanks for pointing out).


And I found a half-finished Sudan casualty marker in the painting box, so finished tidying him up:


Im looking forward to the challenge start next week, but will ideally find a bit more time, and drive if I'm to put in a good showing in my three (!) side-challenges. Best of luck to my 85 fellow challengers!

25 comments:

  1. It is certainly a snazzy hat. They knew how to wear a beret these Spaniards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, good to see the the decks being cleared before the off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a ritual now. But time flies to finish up by the weekend...

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work, love the standard bearer and flag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As all my figs are pretty much bare metal or unassembled plastic, I face no pressure whatsoever to clear the decks for action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, definitely not true at my painting table!

      Delete
  5. Nice work Phil .
    Regards Gav .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work BUT ... The republican flag is upside down, sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! Well I do hate flagging so not surprised I cocked it up. Time to order a replacement then. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
    2. It's okay Phil, he's obviously an anarchist... :)

      Delete
    3. Ah, a subversive element!

      Delete
  7. Phil valuable reinforcements... great paint job as always.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great painting work, really fine and nice. I´m selecting a number of figures, a hundred points of them, in fact...

    Good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your quickest 100 points worth of minis? Mine wouldn't include any Requetes, that's for sure! Good luck to you also Juan.

      Delete
    2. Naked Balearic slingers all of them! :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely work Phil! The head swap turned out wonderfully and I really like your (trendsetting) Republican flag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Phil! The head swap turned out wonderfully and I really like your (trendsetting) Republican flag.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.