Sunday 9 June 2013

The Anglo-Egyptian field force assembles

Having a few spare moments, I took some snaps of my Anglo-Egyptian force for the Sudan so far. It is starting to look lie, a force rather than a pile of lead, at least! 


They will be bolstered by more regulars (RMLI and Egyptian), plus a screw gun and a few hussars.
I've put them on their sabot trays (Warbases, of course), these will be textured and tufted when I have a weekend for a really dull job. 


And to round off, the now obligatory vintage effect photo.


I have also found myself volunteering to paint a few minis for a charity game at Triples 2014,  all funds raised will go to good causes Help for Heroes and Men Matter. they've created a blog to highlight what they're doing and progress: Bloggers for Charity. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it along to Triples to see the game and meet some of those involved.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff wants rules are you planning on using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plan A is to play Black Powder, shrinking the units to 8 and dropping ranges by 1/3rd. If that doesn't work, I should be able to re-jig things fairly easy as units are on sabot bases.

      Delete
  2. great stuff its a fine looking force, cheers for the shout out about the Triples game
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good my friend, the basing trays are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning stuff and a painful reminder that I still have so much further to go with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Phil! Its really looking like a force to be reckoned with now.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.