A quick update today, with a small batch of Beja finished over the last week. A bigger batch would have been more efficient, but these were all ready to go a week ago. This puts the 'Mahdist count' at 39 - I'll take a group shot at some point.
I've another larger group that I prepped at the same time and are just ready to be started. Once they're finished, I should have broken the back of the initial Mahdist forces, which will be a relief!
I didn't think these merited a post of their own, but It feels worth marking the end of my recent rebasing. These Beja camelry are now on 'pill' bases rather than the square ones before (cut with a saw, no less).
I did quite a lot of damage as I was rebasing them as I took the opportunity to pin them onto the camels (heaven knows why I didn't do that in the first place!). So a lot of tidying was required and I also tweaked a few of the colours to make them match my more recent Mahdists.
Perhaps there is something in the air at the moment as Mr Awdry has also been rebasing old work.