Sunday 5 May 2013

Pulp: the Constabulary get a detective, modding hills


A brief post as I've not much finished to show you this week, though I've been juggling a lot of projects across the workbench. The missus also indulged me in a game of Commands and Colours Napoleonics. She was clearly a cavalry commander in a former life (who knew?), annihilating my French Cavalry brigade and pinning my right flank in place before riding into the sunset. All in all, a bit of a pasting.

Hobby-wise, to break up mostly prep work, I did add this detective to the Cairo Constabulary, an Artizan Designs sculpt.



I also picked up a couple more hills at Salute, with a mind to carving them up a bit. The first went from this:



To this:



Yup, much cursing as I carved it in half, splodged some wood filler to cover the polystyrene interior that I discovered inside. Useful as I can either have impassible rock faces or run hills agains the board edge, they won't sort the greater issue that all of my boards are variations on 'pretty flat'.

Anyway, I must get back to it, Gharak has me building an arab market for a Pulp game at the end of the month. While he enjoys the good weather no doubt! It is coming along nicely, I've even managed to find some stallholders and civilians to mill about in it.

7 comments:

  1. That detective is bloody lovely work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the figure and the "broken hill" is a very good idea : perfect for some ambush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detective. The skin colouring is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kind sir. I'm a little in two minds about it, been trialling different methods for non-Caucasian skin. This is scorched brown, devlan mud wash, highlighted with dwarf flesh.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the detective (especially like his jaunty kerchief). I have a schwack of those Artizan sculpts sitting in the wings - must get to them as they're great fun to paint. That bisected hill would make a very nice railway cut as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kerchief was plain blue until I was struck by an urge to 'jauntify' it!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.