Sunday 1 April 2012

Saga Campaign Day


As promised, a few of the photos I took on Saturday playing Saga in north London. All in all a great day, many thanks to Rich for organising and running it. 

First up, myself with Vikings (left) against organiser Rich's Anglo-Danes. The scenario was homemade and called 'Grab'. Very much a raiding scenario, with the challenge to collect the red counters. The scenario worked really well, in fact I thing Saga works much better with scenario play. After mymembarrasingnfirst round, I've quite a dislike of 'Clash of Warlords', with its focus on warlord-killing. This game was a much closer match, with me narrowly losing from a last-minute smash and grab. 


Game three was Sacred Ground, this hill being one of three objectives to take and hold. The central hill ended up as something of a charnel-house, especially once those ranks of warriors reached my depleted Hearthguard! Learning his lesson from game one, my Warlord made a strategic withdrawal, surrendering the hill. My opponent here was Darren, who fielded a beautifully painted Anglo-Danes force, but was similarly inexperienced at playing Saga. I managed a comfortable victory after taking an early lead and killing his Warlord. 

3 comments:

  1. Looked like a fun time. Your boys look really good on the table. That thatched house in the background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very impressive piece. One day, Aelfgir Eiriksson wishes for a hall like that (rather than just pillaging one). I don't know who the manufacturer is but I bet it cost a pretty penny, it's 3 hefty bits of resin.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.