Thursday 4 July 2013

Fuzzy Wuzzies sir, faahsands of 'em



Alright, not quite thousands. But as the summer rumbles on, the Sudan project continues bearing fruit. Another ten Mahdists ready to throw out the 'Turks' that are interfering in their tribal lands again. 



A mixed group this time, though mostly the most feared of warriors, the Hadendowa of the Beja tribe. To borrow from Mr Kipling (not a cake in sight though):

   So 'ere's ~to~ you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in the Soudan;
   You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;


As well as five plastics, the five on the left are metals from pack SA10 and will serve as a small unit of Beja marksmen.



I've a game arranged with Samulus on Saturday so it is great to have these done to make a near round fifty Mahdists. I'm not quite ready really but about 80% of the minis used will be full painted amd the rest base coloured, which is very pleasing considering I've done the whole project myself in around 12 months.

I also knocked out two Egyptian officers in just two nights, so they will be able to lead from the front on Saturday. I think the poses are fantastic, the Perrys do such great command packs. I made the mistake of not shaking the Windsor and Newton Galeria varnish before applying so they came out really shiny. But I think two coats of Dullcote had saved them.

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, the ranks are certainly swelling now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Phil! You're right, those officers are brilliant sculpts. Have a great game this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, enjoy your game do not forget your camera
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must not: I have forbidden the missus from taking it away...

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.