Sunday 26 April 2015

Salute: The Loot

So another year's Salute finished - what was my haul? Quite an odd one, all in all. 


The big buy was Star Wars Armada, which I've had my eye on and already racked up a few fun games using my brother' core set. It's not cheap and the core box isn't really enough for a game, but with two of us collecting, we should be able to split the new waves of releases between us and keep the cost more palatable. The Troll Trader had it at £55, an excellent price considering the rrp is £80. Even at that price, I'm glad I know what I getting myself in for. 

Three 15mm 4Ground buildings - Wyvern chaps split a preorder which made the max 25% discount, so I supplemented the farm I've already got with the beginnings of a town. I also grabbed more Landmark walls as they are heavily discounted and may vanish off the market. 

Renedra terrain - desert accessories and sandbags. Also a TFL/Warbases chicken coop (I couldn't resist)

Stocking up on paint (replacing some dried up old GW paints with suitable vallejo), as well as bases and tufts. Also some black primer that avoided the photo. 

Some markers for status effects and vehicle damage (the latter in the Troll Trader bargain bin for £1). - always come in useful. 

Just a few miniatures: Artizan Designs 'tea time' colonial officer for the Sudan and Hasslefree 'not Last of Us' survivors. I was sorely tempted by Lucid Eye miniatures simians and cro-magnons, but I just don't have a use for them at 

All in all, mostly hobby supplies and terrain. No substantial impulse purchases. No new projects. Barely any miniatures. Oddly that feels like a good thing - I've enough to paint already!). 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan with the 4ground buildings, great to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you again Phil. Nice loot haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas I didn't have your resolve at Salute, and the Lucid Eye simians came home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid haul, I was sorely tempted by those Lucid Eye simians too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I acquired quite a few bags of loot as well...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to meet up Phil..looks a decent haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much loot, Phil, but very nice all of them! I felt in love with the new 4Ground buildings; they are fantastic models!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.