Wednesday 4 May 2011

A cunning plan?

So, havin watched Sharpe's Enemy last night, I'm itching to knock up some mounted Spanish Guerillas and preferably a Marquessa-esque character. I know Redoubt do a set, but in a stickler for lovely figs and as far as I can tell they aren't so lovely. Dang.

Today I had a brainwave - how about using Perry ACW cavalry as the basis for some conversions work? They look basic enough to modify, which should be easy being plastic. I've plenty of bits from various Perry and Victrix sets and should have enough ability to tweak the clothing with green stuff. I once did an entirely converted 40K IG Adeptus Mechanicus force, which left me a soft spot for converting.

So, that may be a plan to start with but doesn't help with the Marquessa...


Update: ACW cavalry bought for a bargain £15, started cutting them up and planning my motley band.

1 comment:

  1. And complete, finally!

    Entered into the Analogue Hobbies painting challenge, March 2012:

    http://analogue-hobbies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/from-philh-28mm-spanish-guerillas-100.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.