Friday 13 March 2015

Challenge Distractions: Terraining

Keen-eyed followers of the AHPC may have noticed a drop-off in my productivity. As in 'dropped off a cliff'. After finishing the Carabineros I fancied a change, so hit the terrain as a 'brief' diversion. Too many days later, I've finished off these Jump-off Points for 15mm Chain of Command, era-appropriate supplied mounted on 40mm round mdf bases. 


These are really nice pieces, a set called 'stacked supplies' from Baueda, though I got mine from Magister Militum, who charged rather less postage. 


I have submitted them to Mr Campbell, as much to mark my lack of productivity, but he will no doubt 'zero' them as terrain pieces. Still, glad to get these off the table as CoC gets played regularly so I should really get fully equipped for it. 

I've also been building some new terrain fitting for the Spanish peninsula: some rows of vines to make a vineyard. While I have quite a bit of suitable terrain, it's due a refresh, I figure these will help evoke the region and nicely break up line of sight. 


They've progressed slightly more and are now ready for painting. Should be a quick job. With a 28mm Empress sculpt for scale. 


That's it for this week, but rest assured I've been trying to paint miniatures since - ready for the final challenge frenzy. 

14 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LIKE how that vineyard is shaping up! I think I need that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt - the finished article now posted up!

      Delete
  2. Sheesh!.. Lovely groundwork Phil..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know Dave. Easily distracted - Caw!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I LIKE how that vineyard is shaping up! I think I need that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these bits and bobs Phil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vineyard, very nice. These small terrain elements are really useful for the game table, I think,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Juan. I hoping it will give some good cover to my brave Carabineros. No pasaran!

      Delete
  6. Lovely work Phil - the terrain is so often neglected but obviously not on your table! Look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Great looking elements of terrain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil - the finished article now up.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.